Word of Grace Fellowship-
Tenets of Faith
1. Godhead - We believe in one God (Eph 4:6) who manifests Himself in 3 distinct personalities; that of the Father, (Eph 1:7) Son, ( Mk 1:1) and the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 3:16)
2. Jesus' Finished Work of Salvation- We believe in the actual virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ (Lk 1:34-35); His death on the cross at Calvary where he paid for the sins of the world, through his own blood and became God's cleaning agent by washing away our sin forevermore, so that HE can call us righteous (Rom 5:7-21). We also believe that Jesus physically arose from the dead and lives unto God, so we arose with Him and live unto God spiritually (Rom 6:1-14)
3. Fall of Man- We believe that originally man was made perfect after the likeness and image of God (Gen 1:26) but that man fell. So, that there is none righteous, no not one (Rom 3:10) therefore, man needed a Saviour (Jn 4:42) When one puts his trust in the completed work of Jesus, then God restores him to the position of being called "righteous" and as part of the salvation package, He also preserves the believer from his enemies. (Rom 10:9-10; Pr 2:8; Col 1:27)
4. Sanctification - We believe that when God saves us He also declares us to be righteous, redeemed, and sanctified ( 1 Cor 1:30). We believe that sanctification is a work of the Holy Spirit and of Jesus Christ. We believe that since we are declared to be righteous and were redeemed from our enemies that it entitles us to receive the blessings of Abraham, and to be freed from the Law's curse. We believe that this curse consisted of poverty, sickness, and death, so therefore, we are no longer under the Law's dominion but Grace's freedom (Gal 3:13-14; Deut 28:15-68; Rom 6:11-14)
5. Work of the Spirit- We believe that when one receives salvation, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within him (1 Cor 3:16). We believe that one can further receive the Baptism of the Spirit (Acts 19:1-6). We also believe that the Holy Spirit gives gifts as He wills for the edification of men (1 Cor. 12:5-11) We also believe that the Holy Spirit has the job of guiding us into all truth ( Jn 16:13). This includes teaching; revealing Jesus; directing; and healing (Jn 14:26; 16:8-16; Acts 13:2; Rom 8:11). He also justifies us and declares us to be righteous so that we are kept from our enemies ( 1 Cor. 6:11; 2 Cor 5:21; Pr 2:8). We believe that it is from the Father and Jesus from whom the Holy Spirit precedes (Jn 15:26)
6. Ordinances of the Church - We believe and observe 2 ordinances which we believe were taught and practiced by the early church which are baptism and the Lord's Supper ( Acts 19:1-6; 1 Cor 11:23-30). We believe that these ordinances symbolize the atonement of Jesus (Rom 6:4; 1 Cor 11:23). We believe that water baptism is symbolic of the newness of life that the believer is given by becoming righteous through Jesus' blood so that we are saved and preserved from our enemies (1 Th 5:9; pr 2:8). We believe that the Lord's Supper should be done as a reminder of what Jesus purchased for us with His own blood, obtaining deliverance from the Law's curse by providing us with Healing and Prosperity in every area of our life ( 1 Ptr 2:24; 3 Jn 2)
7. Scriptures - We believe that the Bible is the inerrant, inspired and infallible Word of God that contains the best principle for life and conduct for which we adhere to ( 1 Tim 3:16; 1 Ptr 1:23-25; 2 Ptr 1:20-21)
8. Benefits of Being Righteous - We believe that when God declares us to be righteous, He also declares us to be holy, so we desire to present us as holy and blameless to Him according to (Heb 3:1; Ps 86:2; Col 1:22). This righteousness is not a product of our works but is completely 100% the work of Jesus on Calvary. We believe that we obtain this gift of righteousness through His Grace and through the faith that He has given us (1 Cor 1:30; Eph 2:8-10).
9. End Time Events (Prophecy) - We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming again for the righteous. We believe that this coming will be in 2 stages; the first stage being the rapture when He will come to gather His church, and the righteous who died and are still alive unto Him (1 Th 4:18). We also believe that the 2nd stage will be to judge the world and to set up His Millennial Kingdom (Rev 19-20). We also believe that there will be a new heaven and a new earth (Rev 21)
10. Church Ministry - We believe that it is the work of the Pastor to equip the body to do the work of the ministry (Eph 4:8-16). We believe that every believer has equal authority with Jesus, therefore, it is our job to fulfill the Great Commission which includes teaching and doing the works of Jesus (Mt 28:19-20; Mk 16:16-20; Jn 6:28-30). We believe that the Holy Spirit will empower us to fulfill this Commission which has been set before us (Acts 1:8)
11. Atonement - We believe that the believer has the covenant right to receive the blessings of the covenant which include healing, prosperity, eternal life, as well as being free from the Law's curse and being given the blessings of being called righteous (Gal 3:13-14; Deut 28:15-68; 1 Cor 5:21 cpl w/ Proverbs). We believe according to the aforementioned Scriptures that we have been totally set free from the Law's dominion and as the seed of Abraham by the blood of Jesus are entitled to receive the blessings of Deut 28:1-14.
We believe that these blessings are for all now and are available to us because of God's Grace (Gal 3:13-29)
12. Tradition- We believe that men's traditions make the Word of God of none effect (Mk 7:13). Therefore, we reject men's traditions and resolve to adhere strictly to God's Word as the design whereby we pattern our lives. We look to Jesus as the center of our faith and accept the gift of Grace not only for our salvation but that His Grace will also sustain us in every area of our lives.
13. Christian Life - We believe that since we are brothers and sisters in the Lord, it is our responsibility to love one another as Christ also loves us (Eph 5:12; Jn 15:12) If we love God, then we will let the Holy Spirit work out the differences ( Rom 14; 15:17; Phil 2:13). If we keep our eyes on Jesus ( Heb 12:2; Mt 15:23-31), we will not sink by allowing disputes, quarrels, or speculations to separate us ( Tit 3:9; 2 Tim 2:23-24) for nothing can separate us from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39). So then we will concentrate on doing the work of the ministry (Eph 4:12-16)